June 18, 2011

Double-Dare!

Some of my best childhood memories are when my friends and I dared to dream out loud and were rewarded by accomplishing what we set out to do.  Most of those accomplishments took us up tree branches and into a tree house, our “clubhouse” where conversations about more dreams were ignited. Some took us down steep hills or roads on skates, skateboards or sleds, into the deep ends of lakes or pools. Our accomplishments hinged most on double-dares, but luckily we made it through unscathed yet filled with stories of many feats and fears conquered. We also spent hours on walkie talkies pretending we were on secret missions or on some grand adventure living out what we imagined to be the perfect, ideal life. 

As we got older, our social scene widened. We spent less time on dare-devil adventures and more in conversation about relationships, music, fashion and yes, about the woes of a tender teenage heart. Our dreams took back seat as we were beginning to discover our identity and our place beyond the roles we once imagined ourselves to be in - no more super spies, no more super heroes, no more unconquerable acrobats. But then!

The moment we tossed our graduation caps in the air, we were catapulted into our new role as independent students of Life 101. Most of my friends and I went our separate ways seeking that ideal life we knew was out there ready for the taking. It was up to me to begin my own journey through life. My dreams moved again to the forefront and became the voice double-daring me to make them happen.

I took on that challenge. After years of seeking, believing and never giving up, I am beginning to live that life meant for me as seen through the eyes of simple dreams.

I learned that dreams never fade; they grow with us. Yet, like inch markers on a growth chart, accomplished dreams are markers along the way that tell us we have what it takes to succeed.

What about you, my friend? Are you ready to dream? Are you ready to step into new adventures and into your ideal life designed especially for you? There are mountains to climb. Waves to ride. Heights to soar. And life is calling. I double-dare you.

Blessings on you dear one, and glory to God!

Bonny.

No comments:

Post a Comment