April 30, 2012

With Wings as Eagles

As I looked down from the mountaintop, I noticed an eagle ready to take flight from its rocky perch. “Fear not,” came a whisper to my heart. The eagle sprung forward and took flight.

The first few moments of its flight shouted “Freedom!” The eagle circled and zig-zagged purposefully yet gracefully. Another word settled in my heart: “Rejoice!” The eagle spiraled downward into the cavern, then with its mighty wings, it climbed the air and screeched. The echo imprinted itself in the air current as the eagle straightened its body and flew out of my view toward its destination.

As children of our Almighty God, we too can experience the blessed grandeur and beauty of spiritual flight – when we live life with expectant hope and faith that never settles for anything less than receiving the fullest measures of God’s promises to us. Yet, before we can take flight, we must first learn to walk. Our heart must be ready and willing to respond to God’s call for us to simply believe and trust Him with our all.
Throughout our lives, it is inevitable to have seasons of challenges, hardships, struggles, obstacles, and yes- sin. Sometimes we may be knocked down, stepped on or are hurt or abused at the hands of another. Perhaps our own fear or weaknesses hold us captive. Lastly – spiritual battles can be intense and unsettling in our Christian journey. Yet, God promises He will always be with us. Isaiah 41:9-10 says,

I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

Now that is assurance! When our focus is on how big the mountain is or how overwhelmed we are with problems, we are giving them more attention than the Grace of God working for us. We become the obstacle to any flow of release that seeks to free us forward. Speak words of victory and words of life, my friend, and your thoughts, your heart, your focus will follow.

Dear one, God will strengthen you. He will heal your body, your mind and your spirit. God promises you restoration, wholeness, completion and hope in each morning. The moment when you completely entrust your heart to God - the first seeds of promise begin to bear fruit. You will feel the first tingles of your wings beginning to grow.

Day by day... Step by step... One graceful movement of your wings at a time... you too will be soaring toward a grand destination. What a reason to rejoice!

Blessings on you dear one, and glory to God!

Bonny.

No comments:

Post a Comment